What is life if there is not laughter?
Welcome to the lighter side of flyfishing! We welcome your humorous stories here!
December 13th, 1999
From Fear of Fly Fishing
We really sincerely thank Jack Ohman for use permission.
If you like Jack's fly fishing humor, be sure to look for his new book,
GET THE NET! published by Willow Creek.
- READING WATER - Place to haul out your book when
the fish aren't biting.
- REEL - What you do when you see how much a Hardy costs.
- RISING FISH - Optical illusion, like an oasis.
- SCHOOL - As in Master's degree in Entomology, which you
may feel that you need after a couple of fishless trips.
- SELECTIVE - Not hungry.
- SPINNING - The only acceptable one is the way Gandhi did it.
- SPOOK - Something that happens to trout the second you get in the water.
- STEELHEAD - Great white whale.
- STRIPPING - To obvious a joke.
- STUDS - Another one that's too obvious.
- TAILWATER - Water that you slip and land on your tail in.
- TAPER - A broken rod that has been repaired with duct tape.
- TERRESTRIAL INSECT - An oxymoron, since there is no such
thing as an extraterrestrial insect.
- TREBLE HOOK - Hook that sends out high-frequency sounds.
- TROLLING - See Dredging.
- TROUT - See Poltergeist
- TWITCH - A nervous disorder brought on by excessive fly tying or
- WATER - Where trout hang out.
~ Jack Ohman
[ HOME ]
[ Search ]
[ Contact FAOL ]
[ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice