* Lerman's Law of Technology: Any technical problem can be overcome
given enough time and money. Corollary: You are never given enough
time or money.
* Murphy's First Law for Wives: If you ask your husband to pick up
five items at the store and then you add one more as an afterthought,
he will forget two of the first five.
* Law of the Search: The first place to look for anything is the last
place you would expect to find it. Corollary: It will not be in the last
place you expect to find it.
* Kauffman's Paradox of the Corporation: The less important you
are to the corporation, the more your tardiness or absence is noticed.
* The Salary Axiom: The pay raise is just large enough to increase
your taxes and just small enough to have no effect on your take-home pay.
* Miller's Law of Insurance: Insurance covers everything except what happens.
* First Law of Living: As soon as you start doing what you always
wanted to be doing, you'll want to be doing something else.
* Weiner's Law of Libraries: There are no answers, only cross-references.
* Isaac's Strange Rule of Staleness: Any food that starts out hard
will soften when stale. Any food that starts out soft will harden when stale.
* Kenny's Law of Auto Repair: The part requiring the most
consistent repair or replacement will be housed in the most
* Second Law of Business Meetings: If there are two possible
ways to spell a person's name, you will pick the wrong one.
Corollary - If there is only one way to spell a name, you will
spell it wrong anyway.
* The Grocery Bag Law: The candy bar you planned to eat on
the way home from the market is hidden at the bottom of the
* Yeager's Law: Washing machines break down only during the
wash cycle. Corollary: All breakdowns occur on the plumber's day off.
* Lampner's Law of Employment: When leaving work late, you
will go unnoticed. When you leave work early, you will meet the
boss in the parking lot.
* Quile's Consultation Law: The job that pays the most will be
offered when there is no time to deliver the services.
* Loftus' Law: Some people manage by the book, even though
they don't know who wrote the book or even which book it is.
* Lovka's Dilemma: You never get away, you only get
someplace else. ~ unknown