c. George Gershwin.
1. b) On the floor, to the left of the clutch.
Hand controls, popular in Europe, took till the late
'60s to catch on.
2. b) To sprinkle clothes before ironing. Who had a
3. c) Cold weather caused the milk to freeze and
expand, popping the bottle top.
4. a) Blackjack Gum.
5. b) Special makeup was applied, followed by
drawing a seam down the back of the leg with
6. a) 1946 Studebaker.
7. c) Wax coke bottles containing super-sweet
8. a) Wax for your flat top (butch) haircut.
9. a) With clamps, tightened by a skate key, which
you wore on a shoestring around your neck.
10. c) Eeny-meeny-miney-mo.
11. c) Polio. In beginning of August, swimming
pools were closed, movies and other public
gathering places were closed to try to prevent
spread of the disease.
12. b) Taxi. Better be ready by half-past eight!
13. c) Macaroni.
14. c) Hiding under your desk, and covering your
head with your arms in an A-bomb drill.
15. a) Princess Summerfallwinterspring. She was
16. a) Immediately sniffed the purple ink to get a
17. b) Put in a special stamp book, they could be
traded for household items at the Green Stamp store.
18. c) Ammunition, and we'll all be free.
19. a) The all male, all black group: The Inkspots.
20. a) Tony Bennett, and he sounds just as good
17-20 correct: You are not only older than dirt,
but obviously gifted with mind bloat. Now
if you could only find your glasses.
12-16 correct: Not quite dirt yet, but your mind is
0-11 correct: You are a sad excuse for a geezer or
you are younger than springtime!
Lighter Side Archive