JIG HOOK CRAWDAD
This is my copy of an existing fly that does well for bass. I am told it is tied commercially as, Craig Reindeau's "Hairy Fodder" fly. I have seen similar flies tied in articles by others. It can be tied in numerous color combinations and sizes. I use size 4 and 2/0 hooks.
- Hook: Size 2/0 60 Deg Jig Hook
- Thread: UNI Thread 6/0 Orange
- Eyes: Dazl-Eyes gold 7/32
- Legs: Rubber legs from spinner bait skirt
- Flash: Copper color crystal flash
- Body: Rust brown rabbit strip
Tie in Dazl-Eyes at 60 deg bend and wrap hook shank with thread.
Tie in rubber legs at Eyes, stretch back to hook bend, and wrap down to hook bend.
Turn hook over and tie in crystal flash
Tie in rabbit zonker strip at hook bend. Coat wrapped area with head cement.
Wrap rabbit zonker forward pulling the hair away and back.
Tie off zonker, cut excess, wrap a neat head and seal with head cement
For more great info, check out: