Yet Another Dubbing Technique
By Ray Kunz
2. Clip the E-Z pliers onto the thread at the 3 inch point and let it hang there.
3. On a light colored surface lay out your dubbing in a streamline, or torpedo shape, keeping it spread thinly.
4. Pick up the bobbin with your right hand extending it toward your chest. Put your left hand under the taut thread so that the E-Z pliers is hanging down between your middle and ring finger and let your index and middle finger press lightly upward on the thread between the pliers and the hook.
5. Releasing the bobbin, pick up the prepared piece of dubbing and lay it on top of the thread over your fingers which are providing a "platform" to support the dubbing.
6. Pick up the bobbin and lay it up and across the dubbing, over the top of the hook, take a couple wraps and then let the bobbin hang free.
7. While providing thread tension to the pliers with your left index and middle fingers twirl the pliers CCW as you look at the end of the pliers (for right handers) to whatever degree of looseness or tightness you want and then proceed to wrap the noodle on to the hook.
Archive of Tying Tips
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice