I was at a fly tying demonstration at Bentley's Outfitter's
in Eden Prairie Minnesota. Dave Whitlock was demonstrating,
how to tie a "Matuka Sculpin". At the end of the tying
demonstration, Dave added a weed guard foot to the front of
the pattern. Dave affixed it with some "Zap-a-Gap," then he
pulled out a spray bottle, and instantly cured the glue.
The product is called "Zip Kicker," an accelerator for super
glues, made by Pacer Technology. I bought a bottle to try
it out. Let me tell you what "Zip Kicker" says it can do.
The product does all that it claims, and I am very satisfied with it.
It costs about $7.00, for a 2 ounce spray bottle.
- Is safe on plastics, it will not craze most plastics.
- Will force the immediate cure of all cyanacrylates.
- Expands gap-filling ability.
- Permits structural fillet forming.
- Solves most tough-to-bond combinations of material.
- Used directly from container.
- Can be applied to surface prior application of adhesive.
Please check out the Fly Tying Section, in the Bulletin Board, on FAOL.
If you have any questions, tips, or techniques; send them along.
Most of this material someone else thought of it before we did,
they just forgot to tell anyone about it. Or else we just forgot
about it, while learning something else. Let us share with
each other, all the things we know! ~ Steven H.
McGarthwaite email@example.com (Chat Room AKA Parnelli)