Blue Mountain Dragon - (nymph)
By Dale McKain (aka Flyflicker)
Blue Mountain Anglers Pendleton, OR
1. Tear spikes off marabou tips. Measure marabou tail to shank length of hook, tie on marabou tail.
2. Tie marabou quill the length of hook shank to form body.
3. Tie on medium size mono dragonfly eyes. Tie in two strands of Krystal Flash on both sides of tail, trim to length of tail
4. Tie in two strands of Krystal Flash for body ribbing and horns. Tie in 4 – 5 peacock herl for body material.
5. Wrap body with peacock herl and rib with Krystal Flash; tie off Krystal Flash to create two horns that should extend over back and tail of fly.
6. Flair blue peacock breast feather; with six tip barbules extended forward to tie onto hook. Tie down tip barbules to secure feather and fold back to form legs.
7. Finished fly ~~ side view. With blue peacock breast feather extended ~~ wet feather and fold barbules towards tail of fly and collar fly with this hackle. Finish fly with whip finish and head cement.
8. Finished fly ~~ top view.
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice