Hook: Tiemco TNC 200R curved nymph hook size 12-16.
Thread: Ultra thread in fluorescent chartreuse and red.
Bead head: 1/8" brass or tungsten.
Tail: Marabou color to match.
Body: V-rib small or medium clear or color to match.
Collar: Saddle hackle color to match.
Tying Instructions for Robb's Little Wiggler:
1. Place bead on hook and mount on vice. Use needle nose
pliers to put bend in the hook behind the eye.
2. Mount thread and completely cover the shank of the hook.
3. Make a very sparse marabou tail. (I prefer it no longer
than the hook shank).
4. This may be a bit unusual, but in order to not
have a big lump at the butt, I flatten the end of the
V-rib with my teeth. This also gives an uneven surface
for the thread to grab. I mount this flat side out so
that when I turn it on, the rounded side is out.
5. Cover the hook shank with the V-rib leaving a
small gap behind the bead head, roughly one V-rib
width. Tie off and add a drop of head cement.
6. Tie on the contrasting thread in the gap.
7. Mount the saddle hackle. Stroke back the fibers.
Put in two or three turns (I try to keep it sparse).
8. Whip finish.
I also tie this fly in black, red and white. This fly is
light enough to drop off the edge of lily pads, weed edges
and downed trees. ~ Rob (coach)