By Fly and Photos by Martin Westbeek
Materials Blond Wulff
Thread: 8/0, grey
Hook: TMC 100, #10-16
Tail: Bleached Elk
Body: Yellow thread 6/0
Hackle: Light, here Silver Saddle Badger
Wing: Bleached Elk
Tying Instructions: Blond Wulff:
1. Lay a thread base on the hook shank
and tie the Elk on top of the hook.
2. Divide the wing, wrap thread around the
base of each wing.
3. Tie in tail.
4. Tie in yellow thread behind the wing,
wrap to tail and back up again.
5. Tie in hackle, dull side up. Note the bare
stem at tie-in point and thread slope to the eye.
6. Wrap hackle (3x behind and 3x in front of
wing, whip finish and varnish head. ~ Martin