4 - 7 ounce catfish fillets, trimmed of outside layer of fat.
1 Cup, (8 oz.), Grey Poupon Dijon mustard.
˝ Cup , (4 oz.), yellow mustard.
1 Tablespoon Cajun spice mix:
- 3/4 teaspoon salt.
- ˝ teaspoon ground white pepper.
- ˝ teaspoon onion powder.
- 1/4 teaspoon cayenne pepper.
- ˝ teaspoon paprika.
- ˝ teaspoon thyme.
- 1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper.
1 - 16 ounce box Ritz crackers.
1/4 Cup light olive oil.
1. Marinate catfish fillets in mustards blended
with Cajun spices for 45 minutes to one hour.
2. Put cracker in a plastic bag and roll or pound
with a rolling pin until in fine crumbs. Spread
crumbs on tray. Take mustard coated fillets, shake
off excess mustard and dredge fillets in cracker
3. Heat olive oil in frying pan and cook fish 5
minutes on each side, turning carefully, over a
medium flame till firm.
It is a bit complicated but the best fish recipe I have ever tried.
~ Cyber Dick
Do you have a favorite fish recipe? Or neat fish
cooking method? Share them with us here!