July 28th, 2008|
Walnut Crusted Halibut
* Prep: 15 mins
* 0.125 tsp each salt and ground red pepper (cayenne)
* White from 1 large egg
* 1 cup walnuts, toasted and finely chopped
* 4 1/2- to 1-in.-thick pieces (6 oz each) skinless halibut fillet
* 3 3 red or regular navel oranges, peel and white membrane removed, cut in chunks
* 3 Tbsp red onion slivers
* 2 Tbsp chopped fresh mint or cilantro
* 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
* 1 tsp cider vinegar
Mix flour, salt and pepper on a sheet of wax paper. Beat egg white and 2 tsp water in a shallow bowl. Spread walnuts on another sheet of wax paper.
Coat fish in flour mixture, dip in egg-white mixture then press into walnuts to coat. Arrange on pan.
Bake 5 to 10 minutes until fish is barely opaque at center when tested with tip of knife.
Meanwhile stir Salsa ingredients in a medium bowl to combine. Serve with the fish.
Previous What's Cookin' Columns
If you would like to comment on this or any other article please feel free to post your views on the FAOL Bulletin Board!
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice