March 21st, 2005|
4 medium potatoes
1 package baby carrots
1 small head of cabbage
2 Cornish Game Hens
1 or 2 cans of ginger ale
2. Place the hens, backside down, on the onion coins. This will help keep them from sticking to the bottom of the dutch.
3. Peel and cut the potatoes into 4ths and add to the dutch.
4. Add the baby carrots to the dutch.
5. Chunk cut the remainder of the onions and add them to the dutch.
6. Cut the cabbage in 8ths and add to the dutch.
7. Pour in 1-2 cans of ginger ale. This will create the steam needed for cooking.
8. Salt & Pepper to tastes.
Cooking TimePlace the dutch, (lid on) over 12-14 hot BBQ briquettes.
Place enough briquettes around the outside edge of the lid to go all the way around with 3-4 more closer to the center of the lid.
Sit around the campfire, sharing fishing lies, and forget about dinner for 1 hour.
Feeds 2 hungry liars, (er fishermen) with enough left over for 1 or 2 campsite drop-ins. ~ Lotech Joe
Previous What's Cookin' Columns
If you would like to comment on this or any other article please feel free to post your views on the FAOL Bulletin Board!
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice