Part One hundred ninety-one
By Johnny (aka Hillfisher), Texas
1. Lay a bed of thread with the black 6/0 thread, whip finish and remove loose thread.
2. Remove hook from Vise and place the eye in the vice.
3. Start the first pom pom onto the hook. Just before the eye,
place a small drop of zap-a-gap and push the pom pom up to the
eye. The zap-a-gap anchors the pom pom to the thread bed.
4. Tie in legs behind first pom pom. Get legs as close as possible.
5. Place another small drop of zap-a-gap behind the first pom pom. Push the second pom pom onto hook and snug up behind the first pom pom.
6. Tie in the next set of legs, add a small drop of zap-a-gap just behind the legs and push up the third pom pom snugly in behind the legs.
7. Add a small drop of zap-a-gap just behind the third pom pom and push on the fourth pom pom.
8. Now switch the hook back to the normal tying position in the vise.
9. Cut turkey feather to form wing for hopper. And use the yellow thread/flat floss to tie in wing. Ensure thread/floss is behind front legs and whip finish. Cut legs to desired length.
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice