December 22nd, 2008|
I mentioned my method for tying a Pitzen in previous
articles. I have tried to give enough information below
so that you can try it out. Let me know if this was sufficient.
For the right-handed knot tier:
2. Hold the line between the thumb and forefinger of each hand.
3. Make a loop clockwise and grab loop with your middle fingers, still holding on to the line with your thumbs and forefingers. There should be space between your hands but the loop should be fairly snug.
4. Using your thumbs and forefingers, make 5 wraps of the tag end around the middle of the loop. Because of the clockwise loop, the natural way the line will make wraps around the loop is left to right.
5. Take the tag end and put it through the end of the loop nearest your left hand and catch the tag end and the line to your reel between your left hand thumb and forefinger.
6. Pull the two pieces of line with your left hand while pulling the loop with the middle finger of your right hand.
7. The knot will tighten between your hands. You now have a noose.
I average about 10 seconds per knot using this method. If I have flies ready on my fly patch, I can change an entire dropper rig on the water in less than a minute.
Previous Bob Boese Columns
If you would like to comment on this or any other article please feel free to post your views on the FAOL Bulletin Board!
[ HOME ]
[ Search ] [ Contact FAOL ] [ Media Kit ]
FlyAnglersOnline.com © Notice