Quote Originally Posted by Jayatwork View Post
It's normal for a spigot ferrule. That's the kind that has a rod that is glued into one of the sections that the mating section slips over, as opposed to a tip-over-butt type.
Thanks - that explains the ferrules. All my rods are the latter type.

Now to figure out what this rod is worth.

Thanks again.