I found a pair of self-closing tweezers at a hobby store that look like a descendant of that artery clamp. Mine have a curved jaw/point which I really like (helps keep my hand out of the way of my line of sight).

The ones I use look like #33A at this site: http://www.precisiontweezer.com/prod...-tweezers.html

I don't see a way to order from there?found them locally at a hobby store mixed in with the tools for model-makers.