+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: hook dispenser

I bought a tool from harbor frieght. Could not find it on there web site but look at this
    http://www.harborfreight.com/cpi/cta...emnumber=96649

found it. this hold 6 or more steelhead hooks size 4 and bigger and is what I use

http://search.harborfreight.com/cpis...tool&Submit=Go

Smile

I "stole" one my wife's small white bowls out of the kitchen. It works great for beads hooks etc. I line it up when I am tying so it is a backdrop for viewing the fly I am tying so it serves a double purpose. I just got to hope I don't get caught.

Two shopping trips today produced a 4" SS bowl with a built in magnet. It was a parts container.

Rick

I like the Tach-It mentioned earlier.

I just get it over with and jam them straight into my foot! :0

Actually, I just keep my hooks in the boxes they came in and get one out when I need it. Since I only tie a couple flies at a time usually, this isn't a big hassle.

- Jeff

Bass_Bug Guest

I took an adhesive magnetic business card and stuck it to the base of my vise.

I tie in a old serving tray. I still managed to lose a few hooks in the tray, so I stole one of the business card sized magnets off of the 'fridge and put it in the tray to hold my hooks. Free beats $3.

Kirk

Saw this today while looking for some thread tubes, about 2/3 rds the way down the page: http://www.eflytyer.com/new_stuff/ns_tools.html

Blog Entries

Cliff Outdoors has a nifty answer called a Top Shelf: a small platform that has a white magnetic surface and a strip of foam along one edge. there are a handy hackle gauge and hook sizer on the corners. you can mount it on the vise stem or just let it kick around the desk.

i drop an appropriate number of hooks onto the magnetic surface, then as i prepare them by squeezing the barb down, i poke them into the foam. after i tie the fly, i poke it back into the foam at the other end, apply the head cement or lacquer, and let it dry.
    fly fishing and baseball share a totally deceptive simplicity; that's why they can both be lifelong pursuits.

i use the magnetic insert from Tiemco hoks---buy one set of flies from them and you have a hook holder on your bench forever!

+ Reply to Thread